Traveled to Scotland in seek of all the good things in life: Whiskey, cashmere and everything in between.
My good friend and fearless leader Claire Masker approached me about a trip a few months ago. I admire her random act of kindness.
![]() |
| Claire and I on the East Lothian Coastal Walk |
My fortune in life has been to spend money on experiences and not things. Experiences with friends remain with you wherever you go.
Claire was sent to the U.K. for work, sort of. We had two days to tour the country side then it was the 2010 International Association of Programs for Agricultural Leadership (IAPAL) conference.
This IAPAL conference serves as resource and leadership conference for program leaders. Claire heads up the Iowa Corn Leadership Enhancement and Development Program (I-LEAD). A set number of candidates are selected every two years. Candidates are typically a mix of farmers and agribusiness. The end result of these Ag Leadership programs is enhanced leadership ability, understand more about organizations, policy and coalitions ultimately broadened international rural prospective.

I am a big believer in spending $$ on doing things rather than acquiring things..... maybe that is why my things look so shabby!! :) no matter my heart and head is full...here's to hoping I don't lose my mind and memory in my senior years. Best, Patricia
ReplyDelete